With the new app from Skånetrafiken, students receive a 25% discount – not only on monthly cards, but on all tickets. The app is only valid for travels within Skåne and can be found on Google Play and App Store.
By: Tindra Englund Translation: Carl-William Ersgård
The new app from Skånetrafiken is here, with simpler zones, discounts and ticket types available for travellers. To students, this means that trips within Skåne now become 25 percent cheaper. Previously, student discounts have only been available for monthly cards, but are now applicable to any ticket.
According to Sydsvenskan, the new system was introduced last Monday. By midnight, 1,200 people had downloaded the new app, and purchases was made for 43,000 SEK.
“The old system with Jojo-cards will be usable until the end of 2019. We will present new changes leading up to that”, says Linus Eriksson, traffic director at Skånetrafiken.
The new app from Skånetrafiken:
- So far only available for trips within Skåne.
- Here you find the app on Google Play.
- If you have an IPhone, you find the app here.
- If you are two or more students buying a ticket and travelling together, you receive an additional 25 percent discount.
- Student discounts are available for holders of Mecenat or Student cards with the travel icon.
- During travel, you must be able to present a student ID and any regular photo-ID.